Buy Subutex Online
Showing all 2 results
Showing all 2 results
What is Subutex?
Subutex is an opioid useful in treating opioid use disorder, acute pain, and chronic pain. Typically one can use it under the sublingual (under the tongue), buccal (in the cheek), by intravenous (injection), as a transdermal (skin patch), or as an implant.
In the case of an opioid use disorder, it typically starts when withdrawal symptoms begin. For the first two days of treatment, it is under direct observation of a health care provider.
The combination of buprenorphine (Subutex) and naloxone (suboxone) can discourage misuse by injection.
Maximum pain relief is within an hour, which affects up to 24 hours.
What are the uses of Subutex?
It is helpful in the treatment of pain drug (opioid) addiction. The formulated combination of buprenorphine/naloxone is an opioid antagonist.
A transdermal patch of this medicine is available for the treatment of chronic pain. This patch is not for use in acute pain or pain after injury and opioid addiction treatment.
How does Subutex work?
It works by displacing other opioids bound to the receptors and accelerate an acute withdrawal. The dose of Subutex leads to adjustment until symptoms improve and individuals remain on maintenance dose through the treatment.
It works in the form of a transdermal patch to treat chronic pain. When an individual uses it as a transdermal patch, the potency of buprenorphine may be 100-115 times that of morphine.
It affects different types of opioid receptors in different ways. Based on the type of receptor, it may be agonist, partial agonist, or antagonist.
What to know before using Subutex?
Don’t use this medicine if you are allergic to buprenorphine or any other part of Subutex (buprenorphine sublingual tablets).
consult the doctor if you are allergic to any other drugs, food, or substance or if you have:
- Lungs problem
- Trouble in breathing
- Sleep apnea
- High carbon dioxide levels in the blood
- Stomach or bowel block or narrowing
- Liver disease
- A family member has a QT on ECG.
Don’t take this medicine if you are taking drugs like Butorphanol, Pentazocine, or nalbuphine. Or if you are using another drug that has the same drug in it.
Don’t take it if you are using any specific drug to treat a heartbeat that is not normal, like disopyramide, dofetilide, amiodarone, procainamide, quinidine, or sotalol.
If you have taken drugs for Parkinson’s disease or depression in the last two weeks, you must not use Subutex. It includes phenelzine, isocarboxazid, tranylcypromine, selegiline, or rasagiline. It may lead to very high blood pressure.
Don’t use Subutex if you are taking Linezolid or methylene blue.
Do not breastfeed while taking Subutex.
Subutex sublingual tablets are available as an uncoated oval white tablet in two dosage strengths:
- Buprenorphine 2 mg, and
- Buprenorphine 8 mg
Its supply occurs in a desiccated high-density polyethylene (HDPE) bottle.
Follow the doctor’s prescription while using this medicine. Read all the instructions carefully.
Do not take buprenorphine sublingual tablets (Subutex) with other pain drugs/pain patches without talking to your doctor first.
Inform your doctor if you are drinking grapefruit juice or eat grapefruit.
Keep a check over blood work in your body while using this medicine.
If you are addicted to narcotics, then this drug may cause withdrawal symptoms.
Don’t chew, suck or swallow the tablet. Place it down the tongue and let it dissolve all the way.
Do not break or split the tablet. Resist drink, smoking, or talking while the Subutex tablet is dissolving.
Take medicine at the same time of the day regularly.
Subutex side effects
Seek medical attention if you find the side effects are harmful and deadly. Be careful as it may lead to life-threatening withdrawal symptoms.
Signs of an allergic reaction concerning this drug are:
- Red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with/without fever.
- Tightness in the chest or throat
- Trouble in breathing, talking and swallowing.
- Swelling of the face, mouth, tongue, lips, or throat
- Unusual hoarseness
Less common side effects of taking this medicine include:
- Bladder pain
- Bloody or cloudy urine
- Difficult, burning, or painful urination
- Frequent urge to urinate
- Bloating/swelling of the face, arms, hands, lower legs, or feet
- Blurred vision
- Cough producing mucus
- Difficulty in breathing
- Loss of appetite
- Lower back or side pain
- Pale skin
- Mouth or throat pain
- Pounding in the ears
- Rapid weight gain
- Slow or fast heartbeat
- Stomach pain
- Tingling of the hands or feet
- Tightness in the chest
- Troubled breathing with exertion
- Unusual bruising or bleeding
- Unusual tiredness or weakness
- Unusual weight gain or loss
Rare side effects include:
- Irritation, itching, pain, redness, swelling, tenderness, or warmth on the skin
- Unusual drowsiness and dullness
- Feeling of sluggishness
- Breakdown or tearing of the skin
- Irregular heartbeat, recurrent
Not known incidence include:
- Burning, crawling, prickling, itching, numbness, or tingling feelings
- Dizziness, faintness, or lightheadedness while getting up suddenly from a lying or sitting position
- Swelling/puffiness of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- The excitement in talking or acting you cannot control
- Irregular, fast, or slow breathing
- Blurred vision
- Darkening of the skin
- Difficult swallowing
- Severe headache and throbbing
- Hives, skin rash
- Mental depression
- Overactive reflexes
- Pale or blue lips, fingernails, or skin
- Poor coordination
- Pinpoint pupils
- A relaxed and calm feeling
- Shivering, trembling, or shaking
Side effects of having Subutex that do not require immediate medical attention are:
- More common- back pain, chills, cough, difficulty in having a bowel movement, painful or difficult urination, hoarseness, runny nose, sneezing, stuffy nose, and trouble sleeping.
- Less common- anxiety, back pain, bruise, decreased appetite, fall, feeling of warmth or heat, itching, skin rash, muscle aches or spasms, sore throat, pain or tenderness around eyes and cheekbones, flushing/redness of the skin, especially on the face along with neck.
- Rare side effects include lack or loss of strength, muscle or bone pain, neck pain, stomach discomfort, and toothache.